Friday, January 6, 2012

The Grandpa K Special

 Yesterday morning I was running super late for work and asked Brandon to make me a sandwich.  When I went downstairs to pack my stuff up, I noticed that unbeknownst to him, Brandon had made me a very special sandwich.  You see, to the casual on looker, they would notice that the sandwich was made with two ends of a bread loaf; meaning I am way over due to get to the grocery store.  But to me, he made the Grandpa K Special.  

My Grandpa Kenney died when I was 12 so the memories I have of him are few but very strong.  Among the things he taught me was how to blow a bubble with bubble gum, the "Beans, Beans" song and dozens of mild dirty limericks.  But he was also just about the only person I knew who loved the butts of the loaf of bread.  Though the sandwich wasn't exactly delicious, it did make me laugh which I'll take any day.  Oh, and I still really need to get to the grocery store...
Grandpa & Grandma K

No comments:

Post a Comment